In this article, we will discuss how to install new RAM in you laptop computer in detail. These are very simple and easy steps to install a RAM in your laptop.
Random access memory or RAM is the place where all the information is stored temporarily in a computer. Whatever we do or store in computer, first go into the RAM and then are transferred to the hard disk. The more size of the RAM a computer has, the more efficiently it can work on various tasks without making your laptop slow.
If you are tired of the sluggish processing of your laptop and looking for a solution for it, then you have come to the right place. As I am going to tell you how to speed up your computer,by changing its RAM in simple steps.
Things you will need
- Your laptop
- A newly bought upgraded RAM
- A screw driver
The steps used in installing a RAM are as follows
- Turn off your machine.
- Make sure that it is not plugged or do not have AC power plugged in. As doing work while the machine is plugged in can a permanently damage your hard drive and RAM. It can also become a source of a potential electric shock if care is not under taken.
- Make sure that there are no artificial drives such as USB or a flash drive attached to it. If there is any, remove it before proceeding to the next step.
- Now close the lid of the laptop.
- Lay the laptop on its back, that is, its rear in front of you but first place a clean cloth under the lid to avoid any scratches on the front panel.
- Remove the battery from the rear panel.
- Now locate the screws in the rear of you laptop in the memory module cover. Unscrew the panel by the help of the cross shaped screw driver.
Some of the newer laptops do not have screws in the rear panels, thus they should be opened by inserting a plain screw driver in the slot and pulling it upwards so the lid/cover would come off.
- You will be able to see RAM slots in the rear. Mostly there are two slots. If the older RAM in inserted in the upper slot, pull it out gently and insert it in the lower slot.
- Now take out you new RAM out of its protected covering, be sure that you do not brush you fingers on the circuit wires as it would make them oily.
- Now fix the RAM in the memory slot by inserting its connecter into the socket.
- Slide it into the module, turning it to a 30 degree would do the trick easily.
- When it is fully inserted, press it down gently to come to a level with the laptop’s rear in a flat position.
- Put the rear memory cover again on its place and tighten the screws.
- Flip off your laptop.
- Turn it on and let it start. Now you can enjoy working on your Laptop with a better speed than before!!!
Tips and warnings
Consult you manual of the laptop first before going through the whole process, so that you know exactly what kind of parts are needed for your laptop. This is the general information for inserting RAM into the laptop, so please read your laptop’s user manual first for doing this. We’re not responsible for any damage occurs in your laptop after following up these instructions.